Friday, 16 October 2009

Harvest 2009

This is being written just prior to the 2010 harvest as I just recently found some notes I made from last year.

In summary the vineyard was heavily bird damaged, that coupled with the frost damage from May lead to a much reduced yield.

I came across bunches that were all-but eaten like this again and again.

The haul...

All the grapes, de-stemmed and sitting in the bottom of the fermentation bin

After lightly crushing them, I tested TA at 9.75ppt and brix at 20.4 (with my refractometer, which apparently you shouldn't do, but I didn't have enough juice for the hydrometer).

I added 0.88g sodium metabisulphite and 40g of sugar.

Wine after the primary fermentation, siphoned off and pressed out in to a demijohn. It's not much, but it's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment